- Accepts cryptocurrency payments
- Reliable, in business for more than 8 years
- Supported by AMD EPYC and NVMe
- Ignores DMCA requirements
- Allows TOR exit nodes
- The only option for the server location is Sofia, Bulgaria
VPSBG.eu is a hosting provider based in Sofia, Bulgaria, founded in 2013. They offer shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting services. Read our review here.
Their servers are located in Sofia, Bulgaria, which makes them the perfect choice for customers who value privacy and reliability of their data.
They were launched in 2013 and have been in business for over 8 years.
Further information on VPSBG.eu can be found here.
What does VPSBG.eu offer?
These are the web hosting services they offer:
- Shared cPanel web hosting – from € 5 per month. Ideal for beginners and / or smaller websites. Automatic daily backups are included in the price for shared hosting accounts.
- OpenVZ VPS hosting – from 10 € per month for a 2 GB RAM VPS. Knowing the limitations of OpenVZ, you can get this type of VPS hosting for a lower price and better performance compared to a KVM VPS. It’s great that they offer both OpenVZ and KVM.
- KVM VPS hosting – from 15 € per month for a 2 GB RAM VPS.
- Special instances (virtual dedicated server) – from € 75 per month for an 8 GB RAM server. Powered by AMD EPYC CPU and NVMe SSD storage
- Windows VPS hosting – from € 21 per month for a 2 GB RAM VPS. For those of you who need to use a Windows server, not a Linux server.
- DDoS protection – Free for shared hosting and € 10 per month for servers. It can protect against large attacks (1.8 Tbps +)
When you see what they offer you can find a good solution for whatever needs they may be.
Notable VPSBG.eu features
There are many features that make VPSBG.eu stand out, but here are some of the most notable ones:
- They accept cryptocurrencies. You can use Bitcoin or Litecoin to pay for their services. It is a rarity these days to find a web hosting provider that accepts crypto that has been in business for more than two years. They accepted crypto from the start.
- DMCA requests are ignored and TOR exit nodes are allowed. One of the advantages for their servers and Bulgarian based companies is that DMCA requests are ignored. However, Bulgarian copyright law is still being followed. Coupled with the crypto acceptance, this is the perfect combination if you are looking for privacy and security.
- Server with AMD EPYC and NVMe. There are innumerable advantages to using AMD over Intel when it comes to servers. The servers are operated with AMD EPYC. This is another reason they are great choices. They were one of the first hosting providers to use AMD EPYC for their servers.
- They are cheap and affordable. Even without a discount. They offer prices that you cannot beat given their features and reliability.
These 4 reasons alone are enough to know that you are making a good choice when you choose VPSBG.eu.
KVM VPS 4 GB benchmarks
Here are the results of a nench benchmark that we performed on your KVM VPS with 2 vCPU AMD EPYC, 4 GB RAM and 60 GB NVMe storage:
——————————————— nench .sh v2019. 07.20 – https://git.io/nench.sh Benchmark timestamp: 2021-03-10 20:54:27 UTC —————— —- ————————— Processor: AMD EPYC 7502P 32-core processor CPU cores: 2 Frequency: 2499.998 MHz RAM: 3.8Gi Swap: – Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-29-generic x86_64 hard disks: vda 60G HDD CPU: SHA256 hashing 500 MB 2,466 seconds CPU: bzip2 compression 500 MB 4,429 seconds CPU: AES encryption 500 MB 0.871 seconds ioping: Search rate min / avg / max / mdev = 81.1 us / 251.2 us / 3.57 ms / 76.5 us ioping: sequential read speed generates 10.1 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.47 GiB, 2 , 02 k iops, 505.3 MiB / s dd: sequential write speed 1st run: 1239.78 MiB / s 2nd run: 1335.14 MiB / s 3rd run: 1335.14 MiB / s average: 1303.35 MiB / s IPv4 speed tests of your IPv4: 87.120.8.xxxx Cachefly CDN: 58.86 MiB / s Leaseweb (NL): 6.58 MiB / s Softlayer DAL (USA): 3.15 MiB / s Online.net (FR): 19 , 57 MiB / s OVH BHS (CA): 7.19 MiB / s No IPv6 connectivity detected ———— ——- ———– ——————-
Perfect results for this type of server. We recommend that you purchase your own server and run your own tests and benchmarks.
We tried to find a downside, we really did, but in this case it was pretty difficult. The most common disadvantage of hosting providers that accept crypto and ignore DMCA requirements is that they are not reliable. However, VPSBG.eu has been in business for more than 8 years and has a proven track record. Hence, they are quite reliable.
One of the downsides is that Sofia, Bulgaria is the only choice for a server location. It would be nice if there were more options for server locations outside of Europe. However, if they had servers outside of Bulgaria, it would very likely mean that they are much stricter on DMCA, TOR, and crypto. So you can’t expect the best of both worlds from any hosting provider that offers these features.
Conclusion on our VPSBG.eu test
It is definitely a good choice if you value privacy and security and still get a reliable and fast server. All of the features they offer are rare to find with a reliable hosting provider and once you do choose them, look no further