Identifying the right digital marketplaces is fruitful for e-commerce brands. Essentially, these online marketplaces are third-party apps and websites Online sales in India.
From the consumer’s point of view, the online marketplaces allow a wide range of products to be compared. Thus, they are not only beneficial for consumers, but also cheap for sellers to present their products on these websites and apps.
Another benefit of marketplaces is that they eliminate the hassle of shipping and delivery and attract a huge consumer base. Hence, sellers can leverage this huge consumer base to easily grow sales.
In today’s digital ecosystem with an increase of E-commerce platforms in IndiaThere are several marketplaces for sellers to choose from. These digital marketplaces would help streamline the sales process and enable increased sales. Let’s take a look at some of the best online marketplaces in India these sellers can take advantage of:
Exploring India’s Online Marketplaces:
- Amazon India
Amazon was launched in June 2013 and has set up its Indian online marketplace Amazon.in. This marketplace now caters to around 5 lakh sellers from across India to make it easy for consumers and sellers to buy and sell products seamlessly.
Advantages of Selling on Amazon:
Here are a few reasons sellers should consider selling on this platform:
- Renowned platform– Amazon is considered one of the most visited online shopping destinations for consumers
- Excellent delivery network– Easy platform deployment allows delivery to almost all PIN codes in India
- Starter kit– Amazon offers sellers special offers on imaging, cataloging, and other services that allow sellers to easily sell their products.
How to sell on Amazon
With the following simple steps you can sell their products efficiently on Amazon::
- Product list– The first step to selling online in India through Amazon is to list them accordingly on the platform. Sellers can now list their products within 15 minutes and take advantage of Amazon’s numerous sales advantages.
- Shipping- Amazon offers shipping services like Easy Ship and FBA. These services take the pressure off shipping and delivery for a seamless sales experience. In addition, sellers can also deliver the product themselves in order to take advantage of the local shop.
- Financing- Once the sale starts flowing, the funds will automatically be deposited into your specified bank account every 7 days.
As one of India’s largest online sales platforms, Flipkart enables merchants, distributors and sellers to sell their products with a minimal investment. In addition, the platform offers exclusive sales workshops, training and sales support.
Advantages of selling on Flipkart:
- Broad customer base– Sellers can now reach a broad 1 billion consumer base to easily grow their business
- Product List- Sellers only need a single product to sell on the platform
- Cost efficient– The platform offers the most competitive price list which is extremely cost effective for sellers
What do sellers need to sell on Flipkart:
- A unique product
- In order to start selling GSTIN details, it is essential to fill them out
- The seller’s bank account is required when registering a copy of a canceled check
Paytm is one of the leading mobile platforms that offers mobile, easy setup and chat options between consumers and sellers. This e-commerce platform offers a wide range of products for consumers to choose from.
Why sell on Paytm?
- Huge delivery network– Sellers can now reach nearly 39,000 PIN codes in the country
- Huge customer base– Paytm now offers a consumer base of 10 Cr +
- Product Categories Over 100,000 dealers successfully sell their products in more than 500 categories
How can you get started?
- Log in with your Paytm credentials
- Check your details like name, phone number and email address
- Submit your documents like bank account, GST data, etc.
- Set up your catalog and start selling online
Snapdeal is one of the largest digital marketplaces serving more than 3000 cities in India. On top of that, not only do they sell more than 30 million products, but they also have a great consumer base, reaching up to 4 Cr satisfied consumers on their platform.
Why sell on Snapdeal?
No registration fee– Snapdeal does not have a seller registration fee
Easy Online Selling in India– Sellers can sell their products 24/7 in 3000 cities in India
Here are a few easy steps to get started selling Snapdeal:
- Registration- Register your company and update your product catalog on the website.
- Documentation- Review your documents and product cataloging through a professional service provider.
- Payments- Receive quick and easy payments to your bank accounts after orders are complete.
Hence, in order to scale your business, it is important to know and identify the right online marketplaces in India for your brand. With the help of these digital marketplaces, you can now display your products on these websites, which further paves the way for your business to grow accordingly.