A webinar is a video presentation, seminar, lecture or workshop that is offered over the Internet.
Even though webinars were once declared dead and out of date, they are still very relevant. Many companies are currently rethinking the benefits of a virtual event, especially in times of social distancing. In fact, ON24, a virtual platform, hosted 19,292 webinars in April 2020 alone, which is roughly 640 webinars per day.
Due to their popularity, you might be interested in getting on board. In this post, we provide the most powerful webinar statistics that speak for use in your marketing strategy.
Knowing webinar statistics
General webinar statistics
- 67% of marketers in 2020 increased their investments in webinars. (LinkedIn)
- The global webinar market is estimated at 800 million by 2023, an increase of 253 million from 2015. (MarketWatch)
- Marketers say webinars are cost effective as they help reduce the cost per lead. (ON24)
- 95% of respondents said webinars play an important role in their marketing efforts, and 38% think webinars are critical to their digital communication. (ON24)
- 53% of marketers say webinars are the top-of-the-funnel format that generates the highest quality leads. (Demand Gen Report)
- Professionals say video-based learning is their preferred learning format and 85% prefer video as webinars. 94% of respondents also say they view webinar content on a monthly basis. (BrightTALK)
- Viewers saw three times more webinar content in 2020 than in 2019. (ON24)
- 91% of webinar marketers in 2020 reported having been successful, up 10% from 2019. (Wyzowl)
Webinar Conversion Statistics
- 76% of marketers say webinars help them get more leads, 75% say it will expand brand reach, 69% say it will help scale their marketing efforts, and 49% say it will help them to achieve targeted accounts. (ON24)
- A survey from April 2020 found that webinars recorded a conversion rate of 61% for attendees, compared to 55% in 2019. (ON24)
- Webinars hosted on a corporate domain generate 3x more audience participation. 91% of professionals who watch webinars say their next step is to visit a website for more information. Having them already on your website increases the likelihood of a conversion. (BrightTALK)
- Communication webinars have the highest conversion rate (67.05%). (ON24)
- Email is the top advertising channel for webinars. Up to 57% of registrations come from this channel and the conversion rate is 27% higher. (GoToWebinar, BrightTALK)
Content statistics of the webinar
- 81% of marketers use Q&A as an engagement tool during webinars, and 69% provide downloadable resources. (ON24)
- When asked what they would most like to see in their webinars, consumers said they would most like (22%) to see a moderator or moderator answer questions from the audience. (HubSpot)
- Survey participants rate webinar video integrations as important on a scale of 10 with 7.8. (ON24)
- 60-minute webinars attract more attendees than 30-minute webinars, and the average view time for attendees is 57 minutes. (WorkCast, GoToWebinar)
- Thursdays are the best days for a webinar. (MegaMeeting)
- Marketers prefer live webinars and on-demand webinars. (Statista)
- Consumers said they were most likely (27%) to sign up for a webinar learning about a hobby or passion, and 18% would attend a webinar learning about their career or industry. (HubSpot)
- Consumers report that the most engaging webinar format is a presentation that teaches them how to do something specific. (HubSpot)
Webinars are here to stay
As these statistics show, webinars are not dead. They are here to stay. In this case, 53% of marketers say they will include webinars in their video strategy for 2021, up 11% year over year.
If you want to learn more about using the channel in your marketing, read this guide to understand how to create compelling webinars and learn from seasoned marketing hubspotters about best practices for running webinars from good to great be valid.